Thursday, June 13, 2013

Astronomy: The study of celestial bodies (AKA Galaxy Nails!)

Hello, lovelies! I am one day late with this post, but as of yesterday I will be participating in "The Science of..." Themed Nail Art Challenge"! I am going to college in the fall to study Marine Biology and Zoology, and am a former AP Biology, AP Chemistry, and AP Physics student, so science has a very special place in my heart. The first challenge is astronomy, so the obvious choice is galaxy nails! This was my first attempt, and these were a lot harder than I thought they would be. They started off really well, and as I kept layering the colors got kind of muddled and no longer glowed. I think if I did these again I would layer a lot less, and stick to 2-3 colors per nail on top of the white, and maybe a darker outside color. But, here is the final result (all pictures were taken in the shade):
Left hand

Left hand

Left hand

Right hand
My favorite nail is my right thumb. The blues looked really celestial and that was the nail I layered the least. Sure, they're not the best, but now I know what to do next time! I had a lot of fun doing them, at least :) Maybe I'll pick up China Glaze Fairy Dust for my next attempt ;)

So, what do you think of galaxy nails? Have you tried them out? Do you have any tricks to make them turn out well? Thank you so much for reading, and I'm looking forward to our next fun, pretty, real girl polish look! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment