Monday, June 10, 2013

My first butter LONDON- Jack the Lad swatch and review!

Hello, hello! I am extremely excited to show all of you my first butter LONDON polish. I had a very long, difficult week, and I needed a little retail therapy. My collection is getting to a point where I'm looking for unique polishes, and this one did the trick. The polish is from their 2012 Holiday collection, which was full of fun glitters, including Fairy Cake which I may purchase soon and review for you. The polish today, however, is Jack the Lad. It is a dark green jelly base filled with mossy green, blue, and gold micro-flecks. Indoors it is a very shiny, glittery evergreen with a slight flash of blue in more direct light. In the sunlight, the glitter comes to life and the green and blue become very distinct and make a scaly, mermaid-y effect. The application was a dream- a little bit thick, but extremely easy to control. I used a slightly thick first coat and a thinner second coat to cover up and bald spots. My only complaint is how thin the brush is. It does not hold a lot of polish, so I had to keep re-loading the brush for my larger nails. But that's nitpicking. When dry, Jack the Lad has a very shiny, smooth finish and I only used topcoat to keep it from chipping. But enough talk- I'll let the pictures show you what a beautiful polish this is.
Note: Please excuse my jacked-up pointer finger. I had a nasty hangnail and my finger is still recovering :)
Shade

Shade

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight
I bought this polish at ULTA for $15. It can also be found online and at any retailer that sells butter LONDON, like Macy's.


So, what do you think of this polish? Are you planning on purchasing it? Do you have it? Are there any dupes? Thank you so much for reading, and I look forward to our next beautiful, simple, real girl polish look!

No comments:

Post a Comment