Monday, July 15, 2013

Bad-ass Barbie Glitter Gradient!

Long time, no post! Life has been hectic recently, preparing for University. Luckily, things have calmed down a bit so I should be posting more regularly for the next 2 weeks. I have a backlog of manis, along with a few more I'm planning to do before I make my final move to college. So let's get on to the nails!

I recently started using OPI Nail Envy, and while I know you're supposed to initially keep bare nails over the Nail Envy, I couldn't stand having my nails sans-polish for more than 3 days and I broke down. Not only did I polish them, I went out and bought a new polish just for this purpose. No, the 150 bottles I already have wasn't good enough, I just HAD to go buy a new bottle. I have a problem OTL; anywho, the new polish was China Glaze Shocking Pink, and it is a scorcher. It doesn't look like it in the photos, but this is an eye-searing hot pink. Not too red, not too coral, I'm in love. It took 2 coats for opacity, but was a bit uneven-looking, so I added a third coat to smooth everything out. It went on well and didn't pool, and after a streaky first coat evened out well. It also dries very quickly- in 45 minutes start to finish I was able to paint a base coat, 3 coats of SP, put on socks and go workout without any quick dry top coat and without any smearing. I did a simple glitter gradient with China Glaze Glitz n' Pieces, and finished it off with Out The Door topcoat because I not only wanted to smooth out the glitter (this glitter lays nice and flat, but gradients can get a bit chunky), but like most neons, Shocking Pink dries matte. On to the pictures!


I absolutely love this combo- it satisfies the bad-ass rebel inside me while still being adorably girly. Plus, I definitely prefer this sparkly black-and-silver glitter mix over the coveted Hard Candy Black Tie Optional. Who doesn't love sparkly glitter?

All of these pictures were taken indoors in artificial light with no flash.


So, does this look like something hard-rock Barbie would enjoy? Do you have either of these polishes? What are some other glitters that Shocking Pink would pair well with? Thank you so so much for reading, and I look forward to our next pretty, easy, Real Girl Polish look!

1 comment: