Thursday, May 30, 2013

The perfect summery coral? Swatch & glitter gradient!

Today I am giving you my first swatch & review! I think coral is such a pretty color that is perfect for summer. The pinky-orange contrasts perfectly with the blue water of the beach and swimming pools. There are tons of coral polishes out there, so I want to show you my favorite: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Coral Reef. It is a bright salmony pink-leaning-orange color with a sort of dusty quality. It photographed much more orange than it is in real life. The formula is lovely- a tiny bit thick but applies very easily without any problems. It dries in an average amount of time, about 5 minutes for each coat, and has a slightly shiny finish. The first coat looks a bit streaky but evens out very well with the second coat. I used 2 coats for my swatches.
In shade
In shade
In sunlight

You can buy this polish at Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Walmart, and anywhere that sells Sally Hansen nail polish. It costs between $2-$3, a lot cheaper than other popular coral colors like Essie Tart Deco. But, of course, I can't let a pretty polish go on its own. What better way to dress it up than a glitter gradient? I layered Color Club Diamond Drops- a shredded silver holographic glitter- over Coral Reef and finished it with Out The Door topcoat. Diamond Drops is from Color Club's Blossoming collection. On to the picture spam!
In shade
In shade
In sunlight
In sunlight
I love this mani- it's so bright and sparkly, and I get so distracted when the light hits the glitter and makes a bunch of rainbow colors!


So, have you tried Coral Reef? Do you have a favorite summer coral? What design should I do next? Thank you so much for reading, and I look forward to the next cute, easy, real girl polish look! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment