Thursday, May 30, 2013

Cartoon nails! (AKA Mega Fail)

Hello, again! Today I broke my left thumb nail during yoga, so I had to chop my whole month of work off. To try and cheer myself up, I attempted a look I have been loving for a long time- cartoon nails! This was really easy... up until I had to put the black freehand tip. Needless to say, I am terrible with nail stripers (I will choose a dotting tool over a striper any day). It was a fun to try something new, but I immediately removed it in favor of a much easier design. So, here is my attempt at cartoon nails!
As you can tell, I had a bit of trouble with the tips (especially the middle finger), but this is definitely a look I am willing to try again. Maybe when I have longer nails :) 

So, have you tried the cartoon nail look? Did you have trouble with the tips like me? Any suggestions to make this look better?

2 comments:

  1. Haha I have to say although you called it a nail fail, it's not half as bad as my first try at ruffian nail. I love the pink and black together!

    (I saw you post on reddit and you seemed really kind, so I am following you now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I thought the ruffian part wasn't too bad, I just make sure to steady my hand :) but that striping...no bueno.

      And thank you for following! I really appreciate it :D I think I am already following you, but if not, I will make sure to! :)

      Delete